top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I get a permit for new construction or adding on to my home/building?
    You will more than likely need a permit. Visit on our Online Documents page here to learn more about the types of permits needed for various residential and commercial projects.
  • I'd like to change the sign in front of my business. Do I need a permit for that?
    Probably! Download the sign permit application here and then get in touch with our Village Administrator to see what you might need to do.
  • I'm thinking about moving to the Chimney Rock Village/Lake Lure area, where can I get more information?"
    Take a look at our About us page, our Services page, and then also get in touch with the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge for information on schools, realtors, employment opportunities, and more.
  • Is recycling mandatory in Chimney Rock Village, and if so, how do I go about getting signed up and how do I get my bins?"
    Recycling is mandatory in the Village. Our municipality provides and pays for the cost of recycling services to village residents. Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays, along with regular trash. You may use your own recycling bin or purchase one from the village by emailing us at Businesses must arrange for their own recycling and trash pick up.
bottom of page